CSV File Preparation
How to prepare a CSV file:
- Create a CSV with Microsoft Excel or with free spreadsheet like Open Office using the following instructions, create a CSV file using Microsoft Excel or using Open Office Calc
Once you have your CSV file prepared:
- In the first cell of a column write the title of the field (e.g. name or email).
IMPORTANT: It is not necessary to know the exactly name of the database field! You can MATCH THEM AFTER THE UPLOAD PROCEDURE! You can add the following fields for JOOMLA Users: name, firstname, lastname, userid, password ... Again, the names are for your reference only, you will choose them after uploading the CSV file to the component.
- If you have Jomsocial too, you can add fields of your Jomsocial Profiles (e.g. about, departement, class, company... it just depends on your settings for custom profile fields)
- Be sure to save the CSV file in UTF-8
- Select New Users or Update Existing Users
- Upload the file
Changing Upload Directory Permissions (Views: 1636)
Dry Runs (Views: 1375)
Support Requests (Views: 1634)
Creating a CSV file using Microsoft Excel (Views: 1553)
Changelog (Views: 1895)